Wednesday 26 September 2007

Digital culture and technologies

The other day we received our second brief. The module entitled Digital Cultures and technologies, focuses on investigating currently emerging technology within Digital Media. The unit is designed to develop my awareness of the cultural and intellectual discussions surrounding the present and future of digital culture and online communities. I am required to demonstrate my understanding of contemporary digital cultures through a body of research before producing a piece of advertisement; Poster/ flyer, slideshow or moving image (animation or live video.) For the final piece i will be creating an insight in to the world of Design for Digital Media in the Year 2020. I will have to take into consideration the way that new technologies have lead to the age of the 'Prosumer' (where the consumer is also the producer) and put some thought in to how, over the coming decade this might progress. This is quite an exciting brief as it gives me a chance to see the future of Digital Design and an insight into how i will be designing 10 years from now. Here is a list of some technology being released over the next few years; Electronic Paper, Virtual Worlds, Social-Networking, On-Demand Television/Film, Holographic Displays, Surface Technologies, and Ubiquitous computing. It's now time for me to start researching these future Technologies. In my next blog on this subject, i will be communicating my choice of product to promote and the form of design most likely used to create it.

No comments: