Tuesday 22 January 2008

PPD The worlds smallest HD camera

Has anyone seen images taken by the Iconix HD-RH1, the smallest HD camera ever made it's the size of a golf ball and weighs in at just two ounces. Its footage is supposed to featured in the CBBC series smalltalk diaries, can't say i'll be watching it. Anyway I came across this aricle at the front of Digital Arts magazine and was most impressed with some of the images shown. It displays close up images of insects in so much detail i couldn't believe my eyes.

Seeing this article reminded me of when i was a kid, looking at some old black and white photographs of my grandparents and comparing them to some pictures i had taken using a standard polaroid. I couldn't help but ask my dad how long will it be until photograph quality is better than our eyes, to which he replied. "that will never happen because if they're better quality than our eyes we wouldn't be able to tell."
Well i challenge you to see something that small in that much detail!

No comments: