Thursday 6 November 2008

Hobbies - DJ/Producing


I have been attempting to DJ now for around a year and half. At first progressed seemed slow and after a brief period of playing out in pubs and clubs of spring 2008 I took some time off over the summer. Now, after the recent success at the launch party of Standard Procedure DnB/Dubstep night in Liverpool I am now most definitely back on the scene. Being offered residency for the night was highly unexpected but has been a major boost in much needed confidence. The debut night of Standard Procedure was a first for me in many ways, it was the first time I had played at a night purely for the genres of Dubstep/Dnb, mixing on the mighty 7000 watt Dangerclaat Sound-System was a worry of mine at first although in hindsight it turned out to be less of a challenge than first expected. The main thing I gained from this night was the networking which led to a few promoters asking me if I would be interested in playing at there nights/parties. The demand for this type music is constantly growing but the scene is still fairly small so I feel I've jumped on the bandwagon at the right time. With the production of my own music on the way I expect my promo to be released early in the new year with my EP following shortly. So by mid 2009 I hope to be 'big in the game.' Above is one my first tunes it still needs mastering and the quality is a bit poor because of the streaming but this will give you an idea of how one of my debut promo tunes might sound.

No comments: