Saturday 25 October 2008

Visual Effects and Motion Graphics Evaluation

Overall I am fairly satisfied with how this project was managed and therefore I quite impressed with the final results. Unfortunately due to a prolonged illness I was prevented from finishing the project exactly as I had intended. If I had more time I would have liked to develop some voiceover content as I feel this is the only thing the Ident is lacking. As was often the case with my projects last year it took a while for me to get started, this makes life much more difficult in the long run. After doing this project I have realised that everything runs much smoother when it is well planned out.

If I am to be honest I don’t think I could have created a piece of work much better than this in the allocated time however in future projects I should investigate other ways of creating footage that isn’t so time consuming. I must remember to take screenshots of every stage of my development as I feel that this will be the main thing that lets my mark down. I also spent a lot of time in Maya for this project as I didn’t feel confident enough to create my animation project in it last year. This is the main reason I decided to do the Sci Fi sub brief as I felt I needed some much needed experience in 3D modelling.

I should take encouragement from this piece of work as for the first time on the course I have come across an area I could see myself working in the future. I really enjoy using Adobe After Effects as it seems a lot more user friendly than Maya for example and it also has many similarities to my previous most favoured program, Photoshop. I am also fairly proud with the amount of time and effort put in to this project when compared with much of my work created last year. The effort is rewarded with the quality of the final piece and as I am beginning to take more pride in my work I plan to put more and more effort in to my projects through out the coming year.

No comments: