Wednesday 15 October 2008

Motion Tracking In After Effects


I watched a tutorial on creativecow.com which showed me how to motion track. I then applied this process to my background footage. It makes the 3D model move as the camera does or at least it appears that way. After doing this I added some finishing touches to the colour of my UFO by using the curve tool, finally adding a noise filter to my 3D model to give it a film grain effect. It almost looked complete however the space ship appears to be moving much faster at the start of the footage. I decided to solve this by taking the whole film back in to Final Cut and slow the speed of it down. When slowing the film down I became aware of the reverse tool in the speed options, sampling it I decided that the footage looked a lot more convincing in reverse.

No comments: