Monday 16 March 2009

FMP - Brief Proposal - Stay Focus Music Video

I first came across this brief back in February when I was in the studio working on my PPD. I overheard Kiran talking with about to visual represent a song they must have played back atleast 10 times. I decided they must be working on music video so I started coversation to see what it was all about. Gareth introduced himself as weeksie, the main voice behind a group called Stay Focus, the tune was well produced and the group well established with music videos already aired on Channel U.

I was interested in getting involved with this project straight away as I my main interest when I started this course was to get a job in the music video industry after graduating. So I offered my skills to Kiran and Gareth suggesting myself to edit and help out with shooting the video if needed. Kiran said she knew a guy called John who worked ITV that would do the editing for her but she was in need of an extra camera man.

This was never intended to be my Final Major Project proposal because to me it was just going to a bit of part time filming, however a few weeks later Kiran asked me if I would like to edit this video. As my role changed to a much more influential part in the finished piece I decided to propose this idea to the three tutors. I got a resounding response, basically saying that's good but not enough work for two people for a Final Major Project. I will keep you posted about more work as it comes my way.

No comments: