Thursday 4 October 2007

About Me – Rationale

For this brief I am required to make a poster or flyer that would visually communicate to the rest of the class what I’m all about. The easiest way of doing this would be to list my hobbies and interests, likes and dislikes and a small amount of biographical information.

My original approach to this project is to show the side of me which most of my classmates will be unfamiliar with. I have been strongly motivated by politics throughout much of my life; I believe that the current western governments pay little if any attention to the world in which they leave future generations. I feel that our capitalist ways at present will lead to nothing but disaster over the coming years whether it be global warming, a lack of natural resources or George Bush’s War of Terror.

Ironically, if it wasn’t for this consumerist world in which we have grown up, I would never have been able to take part in many of the things I enjoy so much. Therefore I think the best way to describe myself would be by creating imagery, which can communicate the idea of a contradictory mind, stuck between my morals and beliefs and the things I enjoy most.

Many of the pictures which show my hobbies and interests I can capture myself, however there are a lot of images I won’t be able to create on my own, I will be relying on the internet and other sources of media for these pictures. The problem with acquiring images from elsewhere is the quality of them will be much lower, for example Internet images are usually compressed for compatibility (screen resolution quality-72dpi) (print resolution quality-300dpi.) If this is not taken into consideration when it comes to printing the final piece I will end up with some pixelated images.

No comments: