Wednesday 10 October 2007

Critical Studies

I had my first Critical Studies session this morning, unfortunately due to illness i could not attend last weeks session. I got a couple of briefs to start with, one of which (the image analysis essay) i posted last Friday after receiving the brief from one of my classmates. The other brief i was given is about creating a five minute power point presentation. I will have to analyze a piece of text given to me by my tutor, break it down into an artistic, cultural, historical,technological, social, political and other appropriate contexts. I will have to back up my oral seminar with a five hundred word summary and bibliography. In the session itself we spent much of the time analyzing images of advertisement and extracting their meanings.

No comments: