Tuesday 9 December 2008

I've had an Idea! A way to make our NXT advert run with complete continuity

When Alex showed me this animation for an idea of how we could incorporate the film of the NXT into the 3D logo over two weeks ago I must admit at first I was a bit dubeious as how hard this would actualy be to materialize. However after giving it some time and thought then looking into how it could be done, I discovered it is much simpler than I first imagined. So I decided to expand on this by proposing the idea of positioning the camera inside the letter 'S' of the 3D Mindstorms logo. The camera could then track through the 'S' until it reaches the NXT. At this point the camera could curve around to the front of the logo. This might be quite tricky to composit possibly envolving key framing it frame by frame. Anyway after the camera curvers around to the front view of the logo it would zoom out unveiling the full logo. I admit it would be a fairly time consuming process however it would mean that our final footage would have much more continuity. So I suggested this to Alex, unfortunately he rejected this idea claiming we wouldn't have time to do it. However I think we would have time if we film it within the next day or two then we would be left with plenty over a week for editing still. Anyway I'll forget about it for now but if we get chance I feel it would well worth it.

No comments: