Monday 27 April 2009

FMP - Development - Captured Footage - Beginning First edit

I've spent from just gone nine in the morning right through to six in the evening merely just capturing footage, after this I began editing it from the start, this edit will purely be a means of sorting the useable footage from the not so usable, aiming to narrow it done to around and hours worth of footage in the first edit.

To be honest I am regretting not editing as I went through this project however it was difficult to motivate myself to do this after a stressful shoot. I still have over a month to get this completed and from past experience editing isn't much of a time consuming process in comparison to compositing. However, this is set to be a mammoth task, by setting a maximum of an hours worth of footage from nine hours I feel is a good place to start. 

My concern is that if I was shooting a two hour long feature length film I would probably have around this amount of footage, but trying to edit 9 hours of raw footage down to a 3 minute music video is going to be rather difficult.

I think the only reason we have ended up with so much footage is because the scene weren't properly planned out, this result in "on-the-fly," which is a nightmare to edit especially when the finished piece is meant to have clear narrative.

No comments: