Wednesday 15 April 2009

FMP - Shoot Day 2 - Studio and Park




I was a little apprehensive about today, however the studio scene went quite smoothly apart from that Kiran asked me if I had all the footage I needed after only two takes, to which I replied no. I explained the shots I still wanted to shoot but Kiran said she didn't want to shoot any more footage in the studio. This was rather annoying as it took nearly an hour to set up that scene, being told to pack away after 5 minutes shooting was very irrating especially when I have expressed concern over the level of content we had filmed.

I understand that we had a scheduele to stick too as closely as possible, however when you are on location waiting for the cast to turn up it can be really frustrating thinking of how that extra half an hour could have been spent at the previous location. I think this can be put down to the fact we were working with kids rather than production management. I'm not happy with this footage in the slightest, it was getting dark and there were loads of random kids there that Kiran agreed could be in the video on the spot. Of course this meant they all needed to get a release form signed by their parents. I know Kiran and Gareth are both keen on this shot going in to the final edit but after seeing how the shoot went this evening I am not so sure.

I took behind the scenes photos at the studio, so you can get an idea of the setup we had, the studio was a fair mess before we started plus with very large windows there was lots of natural light, we didn't this so we had to put large pieces of material over all windows, these are the main reasons setup took so long. I didn't take pictures for the park scene because it's probably illegal.

No comments: