Thursday 8 January 2009

The Final Shoot

Alex and I figured we had put so much time into this already that it was worth one last chance to get the lighting perfect. Especially seen as it appeared Final Cut didn't work properly due to one hidden away setting that we would have never of suspected. So we set to work filming one final shoot. It wasn't long before we realised that the non-controllable device wasn't the cause for Final Cut unexpectantly quitting. We were about to give up and just start compositing the footage from the previous shoot when Alex suggested using Imovie to capture the live footage. To our amazement it was incredibly simple to capture live HD footage. We couldn't understand why it worked so well with Imovie yet didn't seem to work at all in Final Cut. Anyway we filmed it all again in Imovie and all the lighting looked much better than any previous shoot we had done. I tried editing this in After Effects on my PC but I couldn't seem to open it fully. I'm going to go into college tomorrow morning to edit it and turn into a regonizable format for my PC.

No comments: